Travel to Sibiu


Hello there !

In this article, I will talk about my bus travel from Paris to Sibiu.


The Travel

To go in my Erasmus city, I took the bus and I crossed a big part of Europe. I could see a lot of different landscapes and big European cities like Metz, Strasbourg, Munich, Vienna, and a lot of little Romanian cities.




The trip lasted more than 30 hours more than 2000 km. It was long and sometimes boring, but it's a good experience to cross Europe by bus.

Most people in the bus were Romanians, and all the drivers were also Romanians (this was a problem for me and I will expalin that in this article).

I made this choice because it was five times cheaper than the plane, and less polluting than the latter, to make an experience and to be able to say that I crossed Europe by road.


The problems

For this travel, I had a lot of different problems:

The first time, I stood at the Bercy bus station in Paris, but it didn't stop, so I explained my problem to Flixbus's controllers and they traded my tickets for another day.

I went back to Paris to take back my bus, but the drivers spoke neither French nor English nor German. They "explained" to me that I had to take only one suitcase (while I had paid for 3). The drivers made me understand that if I didn't choose a suitcase, they would leave without me. So, I had to choose one.

Another problem was that there were no toilets in this bus and the drivers only spoke in Romanian and I didn't know if I had time to go to the toilets at gas stations or walk a little.


This is a short summary of the problems I had during my trip. I am not disappointed with the trip, as I said above, I was able to see different landscapes, cities, and the Romanian countryside. However, I think I will fly back to France.


Antoine

Comments